Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2021

February 4, 2021

This week has been a trial by fire at the Dr. office. One meeting after another to get things going. Late last week I had two Dr's appointments, both of which were just introductions and discussions about radiotherapy and another about Temozolomide. These appointments went fine, and as expected. 

This week however, we had two more appointments, one of which was for another MRI up in White county, and another which was preparation for radiotherapy. This was the fun one... In this appointment they had me lay down on a table, and allow them to place a mask on my face. This mask was pretty hot, like about 165 degrees Fahrenheit if I'm not mistaken. This mask is to prevent my face from moving during treatments, this way I'm kept perfectly still. Overall, no problems making the mask, and I'm only planning to wear it for 10 minutes a day. I don't anticipate it being too much of a problem. Still waiting on another appointment with medical doctor to determine blood work and proper Temozolomide before the radiotherapy begins.

Treatments will start up on February 18 at 10:40 am and last five days a week for six weeks. Along with that, I will be taking a low doze of the Temozolomide chemotherapy, pill form, for seven days a week until treatments are over.  Once treatments are over, then I get a week off if I'm not mistaken, then follow up with one week of higher doze of Temozolomide for one week and then off for three weeks. We hold onto that for several months and wait to see what the Dr has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts