Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2021

January 9, 2021

To all of my Birck family, my wife and I am in a state of shock. Your outpouring of support, and generosity goes far beyond anything I have ever experienced in my life. You have literally brought me to tears. This used to be a job...but now I truly feel like part of a family who cares deeply about me and my future. Facing this challenge with all of you in my corner makes this seem easier somehow... Having so many people supporting me in this journey somehow makes the surgery itself less terrifying... I can't explain it, and maybe that will all change on Tuesday, but today I feel confident and ready to face this challenge head on.

We arrived safe and sound in Rochester today! Tomorrow is the COVID test, because that's a thing...dang it! Then the gauntlet starts on Monday, appointments all day in preparation for the big day...Tuesday! It's getting late, time for bed, but I wanted to let everyone know we made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts